Apple offers in-depth certification programmes designed to create a high level of competence among Mac service technicians, system administrators and Pro users in the creative industry.
Apple Certification is available for the Apple Pro Applications range of Aperture, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro and Motion, as well as the Mac OS X operating system.
Benefits of Apple Certification
Becoming certified proves that you possess a recognised high level of competence.
Apple certification allows you to:
- Differentiate yourself and your business
- Gain recognition for proven technical competency
- Build credibility with clients and employers
- Stay current with the latest technologies and best practice in your industry
- Increase visibility and enhance your reputation in a competitive marketplace
- Publicise your certifications on Apple's website, and connect with clients and employers
- Display your personalised certificate and a logo that distinguishes you as an Apple Certified professional
The Certification Programs
Apple Pro Applications
Apple's professional applications are the industry standard for photographers, editors, sound designers, visual effects and multimedia artists. Certifications are available for Aperture, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, and Motion.
Mac OS X
Apple's OS X Certifications are designed for IT professionals who:
- Want to know how to add a Mac to a Windows or other standards-based network
- Support OS X users in a business, education institution or school district
- Manage networks of OS X systems in an organisation - for example, a teacher or a technology specialist who manages classroom networks or computer labs
- Manage complex, multi-platform networks that include OS X systems
Each Certification has a recommended preparatory route to help you pass the exam. The table below shows the courses relevant to each exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prepare for an exam?
How you learn is up to you. We recommend you take a class run by our expert trainers here at Transmedia. You may also wish to visit the Peachpit site for the Apple Pro Training Series.
Students should have at least ONE of the following prior to taking the exam:
- Attended a Pro Application course at an Apple Authorised Training Centre.
- Have extensive experience with their chosen application.
What format does the exam take?
The exam is based on the content of the course book, which must be purchased separately. The exam is taken online, based on multiple-choice questions and answered within a given time limit, which is usually two hours. During the exam you are not allowed to use the Apple application or consult the course book.
Can I skip the course and just take the exam?
Yes. Our standard charge for taking just the exam is £100.00. But if you book the exam and the course at the same time, the cost of the exam is reduced to £85.
When do I take the exam?
You can take your exam immediately after the course (which in practice means during the last two hours of the last day of the course), or anytime within two weeks of the end of the course.
If you require the exam-only option, we will arrange a suitable time for you to take the exam.
If you wish to receive further information on any aspects of Apple courses or certifications, please fill in this request form.
The fields marked * are obligatory.